PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
- Who we are and how to contact us.https://www.backfour.co.uk/ is a website operated by Back Four Ltd (we, us, our). We are a limited company, registered in England and Wales under company number 7675740 and have our registered office at 316 Blackpool Road, Fulwood, Preston Lancashire PR2 3AE. VAT number is 117344921. To contact us, please email email@example.com.By using our website and/or portal, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our website or portal. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our website and portal:• our Privacy Notice and• our Cookie Notice which sets out information about the cookies on our website.
- We may make changes to these termsWe may amend these Terms from time to time and will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes. You should check these Terms regularly to ensure you understand the Terms that apply from time to time.
- Our website and portal are made available free of chargeWe do not guarantee that our website or portal, or any content or services on them, will always be available, will be uninterrupted or error free. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our website or portal for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our website or portal through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them. Our website and portal are directed to people residing in the United Kingdom and we do not represent that content available on or through them is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- You must keep your account details safeIf you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How you may use material on our website or portalWe are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website and portal, and in the material published on our website or made available via our portal. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website or portal for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our website or made available via the portal.You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website or portal must always be acknowledged and you must not use any part of such content for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.If you print off, copy or download any part of our website or portal in breach of these Terms, your right to use our website and portal will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
- Do not rely on information on our website and portalThe content on our website or accessed via our portal is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of such information. Although we make reasonable efforts to update this information, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such content is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link toWhere our website or information accessed via our portal contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites, resources or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over and have no liability or responsibility to you in respect of such websites including for your access to and use of or them or the contents of the same.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user, we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to paragraph 8.1, you are a business user:
- we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our website, portal or any associated content;
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, which may be suffered by you (or any other person claiming under or in connection with these Terms) whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our website or portal or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website or portal which fall within any of the following categories:(a) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;(b) business interruption;(c) loss of anticipated savings;(d) loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill; or(e) loss or damage to data which you may upload to our website;(f) damage to reputation; or(g) indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Subject to paragraph 8.1, if you are a business user, our entire liability to you (or any other person claiming in connection with these Terms) for any claim in connection with your use of, or inability to use our website or portal or use or reliance on any content displayed on our website or portal shall be limited to £1.
- If you are a consumer user:
- we only provide our website and portal for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website or portal for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- and defective digital content we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- BreachFailure to comply with these Terms constitutes a material breach and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our website and/or portal;• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution uploaded by you to our website or portal.• issue of a warning to you;• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;• further legal action against you;• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce themWe do not guarantee that our website or portal will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our website and portal. You should use your own virus protection software.You must not misuse our website or portal by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website or portal, the servers on which our website and portal are hosted or any server, computer or database connected to our website or portal. You must not attack our website or portal via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our website and portal will cease immediately..
- Rules about linking to our websiteYou may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or to link to any website that is not owned by you. Any website you are linking must comply in all respects with our acceptable use and content standards.Our website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website other than the home page.We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our website other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Wales, you may bring proceedings in Wales or if you are resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, or if you are resident of Scotland, you may bring proceedings in Scotland.If you are a business, these Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Our trade marks are registered“Back Four Brand Protection” and our logo are UK and EU registered trade marks of Back Four Ltd. You are not permitted to use them without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted and in accordance with these Terms.